Group 6 ISR L28 – L35 (£75,708 - £105,984*) *for a suitably experienced candidate
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, visionary and experienced leader to drive our successful, oversubscribed school on our journey to becoming Outstanding.
• Have a vision for our school and an ability to inspire others
• Have a proven track record of leading & delivering school improvement
• Have a pastoral ethos which puts the student at the centre of all we do and a passion for improving the life chances of all our students
• Have the strategic ability to develop and nurture a highly effective leadership team
• Have a firm commitment to the well-being and professional development of all staff
• Be approachable, inspiring trust and confidence across the school and diverse community, whilst leading by example
This exciting opportunity arises following the promotion of our current Headteacher. We are a comprehensive 11-16 school rated Good by Ofsted (2016). We are proud they recognised ‘The personal development of pupils is a strength of the school, promoted within and beyond a broad and inclusive curriculum’ and ‘Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the way the school is led and would recommend the school to other parents’.
The successful candidate will fully embrace our ethos of ‘Pride Respect Success’ whilst bringing fresh ideas and vision that will build on current strengths and achievements. Our state of the art building ensures that our students and staff have the best learning environment in which to achieve our aims.
For more information see the application pack which includes covering letters from the Chair of Governors, Student Cabinet and current Headteacher, as well as the job description and additional information. More information about the school can be obtained from our website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
Please submit your application form and personal statement (maximum 4 sides A4) by 9am Monday 22nd May to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview dates: Thursday 15th & Friday 16th June
Pre-application visits: contact Mrs Hayhurst as soon as possible on 01282 683080 to arrange
For an application pack please:
• download from the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk or from the TES Jobs site
• telephone 01282 682313
• or email email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.