St Mary’s is a successful primary school in the heart of the popular village of Boston Spa. On the retirement of our admired and longstanding Headteacher, the governors of St Mary’s wish to appoint a new Headteacher who will continue all the nurturing traditions of the school and lead it forward into growth.
We aim to nurture, develop, challenge and support all who work and learn in our Christian community in order to create an atmosphere of excellence. In this we endeavour to develop partnerships between our school family, parents, Church and the local community.
We are looking for a highly motivated Headteacher who will:
- maintain the current strong Christian ethos and balanced, nurturing approach to educating the whole child
- communicate well and consistently with governors, parents, the church and all the school staff
- lead the school forward into expansion in conjunction with Leeds City Council and the Diocese of York
- maintain and develop the school’s strong academic performance
We are proud to offer:
- a happy and welcoming Christian environment with strong links with our parish church and the wider community
- outstanding standards of pupil behaviour and children who are happy, motivated learners
- a dedicated and experienced highly professional staff team
- a supportive and engaged governing body
- supportive families that engage positively with all aspects of school life
- beautiful and extensive school grounds and a location in the heart of a thriving village
Candidates are warmly invited to visit the school to experience our work and ethos. To arrange a visit please ring the school office on 01937 844395. Visits will be arranged for 7th, 9th & 15th November after 1.30 pm
To request an application pack, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOR: @131 pupils (Oct 2017)
Closing date: Friday 17th November 2017 at 12noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 22nd November 2017
Assessment and Interviews: Monday 4th December 2017, Tuesday 5th December 2017
St Mary’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.