The Governors, staff and children at Quarry Mount Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspiring leader to continue the values-led ethos of our local school. We are looking for a dynamic, caring leader with vision and energy to nurture our children’s academic and emotional growth, with an understanding and commitment to the importance of school at the heart of our diverse community. With pupils originating from many different countries, we are a proud inner-city school with a wide vision of the world. Our School is located close to the centre of Leeds, within walking distance of the Leeds Universities.
Applications will be considered for candidates able to commence in January 2018 ideally, or after Easter 2018.
As our new Headteacher you will be:
- Passionate about providing a caring and stimulating, safe and disciplined environment in which every child can realise his or her true potential
- Confident to continue the school’s journey to raise aspirations and standards, leading on further improvements within teaching and learning
- Committed to developing high level leadership skills across the whole school staff team
- An excellent communicator, engaging with parents and carers as well as external agencies to support children as confident learners
- Able to display a clear vision for the provision of an imaginative and creative values-based curriculum, together with a comprehensive understanding of financial and resource management
We can offer you:
- A loyal and supportive school community underpinned by strong values; a culture of trust and collaboration; robust relationships and commitment to enhancing the life chances of youngsters in the area
- A one form entry school, rated ‘Good’ in 2015 with high aspirations for further improvement
- Hard-working, talented staff
- A visionary Governing Body committed to supporting you in leading the school now as well as in looking to the future
- Strong support from the Local Authority, community links through ‘The Lantern Learning Trust’ and a culture of effective multi-agency working
If this job is of interest to you please come and visit to see us working and learning together. We encourage you to visit the school, followed by a discussion with our Chair of Governors.
If you require further information about the role, or to arrange a visit please contact the school on telephone 0113 245 5803 and ask to speak to the Headteacher. You can also visit the school website at http://www.quarrymount.leeds.sch.uk/
Closing Date for applications: Friday 24th November 2017 at 12 noon
Shortlisting by: 28th November 2017
Assessment and Interviews: Thursday 7th December 2017
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.