Headteacher - Templenewsam Halton Primary School, Leeds
Start date: September 2020
Salary: Leadership - Salary in line with Leadership Pay Scales (Circa L20) and negotiable to allow the appointment of an outstanding, suitably qualified and experienced candidate to the role
With 471 children including a 78 place nursery, Templenewsam Halton Primary is a happy school with caring relationships at the heart of everything we do. We aim to grow children, in partnership with parents, who are resilient, able to love and care for others, able to make the right choices and have a love of learning.
‘Your school is characterised by the happiness and eagerness with which pupils and staff engage with each other and their learning …. Pupils enjoy school and thrive on the challenging teaching and care they receive’ Ofsted in March 2017
We are seeking to recruit an experienced leader who is highly motivated, has high expectations for outstanding learning, is courageous and innovative, has an inclusive, compassionate and moral purpose, and has the ambition to take forward this unique school.
In return we can offer:
- A highly regarded and vibrant school, extremely popular in its community and oversubscribed
- Responsive, engaged, well behaved and enthusiastic children to lead, coach and involve
- A strong, supportive and experienced leadership team and governing body
- A dedicated team of staff with a caring, family ethos
- Supportive and trusting parents, an active PTFA and an exceptionally strong community
- Being part of a Trust of 13 schools which is proactive in working to improve the education for all of our children
- Opportunities to further develop as a leader by being part of a forward-thinking Trust with an established network of creative and supportive colleagues
- Professional and leadership development opportunities for you and your staff through the Trust which includes access to our specialist Maths and Computing Hubs, all the benefits of being part of the Red Kite Teaching School alliance and being integral to our large and successful SCITT
This is a fantastic opportunity. We welcome you to visit the school and our team, and discuss the role between the dates of 8th – 23rd January 2020 before you apply, although our interview process will ensure you spend a whole day immersed in school.
Please contact the school on: 0113 293 0314, to arrange a convenient time to visit. For further information on our school and Red Kite Learning Trust, please visit the following websites;
Red Kite Learning Trust: www.rklt.co.uk
Templenewsam Halton Primary School: templenewsam-leeds.secure-dbprimary.com
Closing Date: Midday on 23rd January 2020
Proposed interview dates: 10th and 11th February 2020
Red Kite Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Headteacher: Karen Patel