Required for August 2020
Headteacher at Overdale Junior School, Leicester
Full time, permanent L18 – L24 £62,426 - £72,306
Working together, learning together - academic excellence and a broad curriculum to develop happy and well-rounded children.
Overdale Junior School is part of the OAK Multi-Academy Trust, and serves a diverse local community. It is a friendly and welcoming place where we promote creativity and the enjoyment of learning. We are an inclusive environment, and have a strong thematic approach as a feature of our teaching. The school is a mixed 7-11 academy with a current four-form entry, 444 pupils and a permanent PAN of 360.
The governing body is seeking applications from experienced leaders with drive, ambition and a deep belief in professional collaboration, who, as Headteacher, will work with existing leaders in the school to take it forward from an already strong position.
We are looking for someone who:
● Is an inspirational leader with the energy and vision to continue raising
● Is ambitious for our school and for the children in it
● Will be passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believes in
the potential of all pupils and staff
● Implements change whilst balancing continuous improvement with a
respect for staff and their wellbeing
● Works closely with staff, parents, governors, the Trust Board and Trust
colleagues to consolidate good practice
We can offer:
● The challenge of leading our school and being involved in the leadership of
the OAK Trust on the next stage of our journey
● A caring supportive environment with high expectations of pupils and
● An able and committed staff dedicated to achieving the best possible
● Pupils with positive attitudes to learning, who are hardworking, caring and
proud to attend their school
● A knowledgeable, engaged and committed governing body
We will consider applications from all candidates with suitable experience, who can support the vision, values and aims of our Trust.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 24th January 2020
Interview dates: Thursday 6th & Friday 7th February 2020
Further information can be obtained by contacting the School Business Manager, Laura Lyons on 0116 2883736.
This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check).