Together, We Can Do It!
Are you an inspirational leader with high expectations, who fosters a love of learning and is committed to ensuring all pupils achieve to their full potential?
A larger than average junior school located within the vibrant multi-cultural city of Leicester, Catherine Junior School is currently judged by Ofsted as ‘Good’. Our curriculum is designed to provide, through inspiring and engaging experiences, the knowledge and skills to become independent, life-long learners.
Governors are seeking an ambitious candidate with strong leadership skills and the vision to drive forward rapid improvements in achievement to lead the school to become outstanding, whilst providing a solid foundation for children’s learning and confidence through a broad and balanced curriculum.
“Pupils are impeccably behaved at all times. They show pride in doing their best, Pupils care for each other and their respect for each other’s cultures and beliefs is exemplary.” Ofsted 2018
“All staff are extremely effective in modelling and promoting high expectations and aspirations for every pupil.” Ofsted 2018
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will:
- Demonstrate positive, strong, committed leadership with the ability to motivate, inspire and develop leaders at all levels and confidence in all staff
- Provide clear strategic direction and develop a brighter vision for the future of our school
- Lead an exciting curriculum to address gaps in knowledge whilst providing challenge to move children forward in their learning
- Continue to foster strong relationships between staff, parents and the wider school community.
In return we can offer:
- A strong, supportive and active governing body
- A school of happy, enthusiastic and respectful children
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
- Membership of a close network of local Headteachers and a helpful Local Authority
In normal circumstances we would offer a visit to the school, but in light of the current circumstances visits to the school are not able to take place. However, we will be offering a video tour of the school and an opportunity to have an informal discussion with a senior leader and/or a governor. Please contact the school on 0116 2625896, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please also visit our website for further details of the school: www.catherine-jun.leicester.sch.uk.
Catherine Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, are a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations (2009) and other necessary checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The application pack and further information about the post is available on www.tes.com/jobs where it can be viewed and downloaded. Any advice and information on the application forms can be obtained from Debbie Whitfield, Business Manager on email@example.com or telephone 0116 2625896.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th April 2021 by 6.00pm
Interview Dates: Tuesday 27th April & Wednesday 28th April 2021
Catherine Junior School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years