Are you looking for an opportunity to grasp the leadership of our school at an exciting and unparalleled moment for rapid improvement and potential for growth?
Due to the retirement of the Headteacher at Easter 2018 the Board of Governors are seeking a skilled and collaborative leader able to engage, inspire and drive forward Nether Stowe School with a strategic vision, strong ethos and value set and leadership skills to embrace our School and achieve the significant opportunity for success.
The School is a mixed-ability 11-18 years comprehensive, with a positive culture and inclusive pastoral approach that has ‘Learn, Achieve, Succeed’ at its core. We are a smaller community school with around 650 on the roll, located in a growing region, with the capacity to increase to in excess of 1,000 within a few years.
The school prides itself on knowing every student and helping all of our students and staff to do their best to maximise potential and achieve positive outcomes for everyone. The new Headteacher has the chance to uniquely lead a school at a career defining moment to make a real difference. The School environment is personable and manageable where an effective distributive leadership approach will empower and motivate a broad-based team.
Nether Stowe School was inspected by Ofsted in January 2017 and awarded the grade ‘’requires improvement’’. Previously the school had been repeatedly rated as ‘’good’’. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to deliver the school improvement plan and lead the School, and team, to a path of outstanding consistent teaching practice and improving outcomes once more.
As would be expected, the Governing Body is actively considering the most appropriate strategy for the school. Our considerations include future form, the options to work collaboratively with other schools/agencies and the potential to join a Multi Academy Trust.
Therefore, the successful candidate must be creative and innovative in practice, thus enabling them to embrace the opportunity to achieve improved outcomes at Nether Stowe School whilst being able to prioritise and implement chosen strategies which will deliver tangible results.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:-
• Is a highly effective and successful leader with energy, ambition and the skills to inspire the very best outcomes for all.
• Has the clarity of purpose and capability to enable improvement & change and resilience to steer the school onto the next stage of its journey.
• Has a track record of achievement; demonstrating impact and improved outcomes.
• Has a strong Teaching and Learning experience of delivering improvements and embedding successful practice.
• Has interpersonal prowess; is approachable and a good listener, with an instinct for collaboration and building successful stakeholder relationships.
• An engaging and empowering leadership style; working with the whole school community (staff, students, parents/carers and the broader community).
In return our School will offer you:-
• A friendly, committed and supportive Governing Board
• A school which is close to its community and local primary schools; inclusive, progressive and caring
• An environment where meaningful change can be made, embedding new practice which will realise the opportunity for improvement
• A forward looking and enthusiastic team with a desire and appetite for growth and success
• A local catchment area which is growing
• A career opportunity to see the real impact of your work as a Headteacher
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a Criminal Records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How to apply: Please complete the application form which can be found on the school website www.netherstowe.com and write a letter, maximum of two sides of A4 outlining your experience to date that is relevant to the post. Completed applications should be signed and emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mrs S Edwards, HR Officer, Nether Stowe School, Lichfield, Staffs WS13 7NB
Visits to the schools are welcomed and encouraged. Tours will take place on Thursday 19/10/17. Should you wish to join us on the 19/10/17, or make alternative arrangements for a visit please contact: - Sue Edwards (HR Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01543 263446 ext. 209.
Closing date for applications is 31/10/2017 at 8:30am
The interview process will take place over two consecutive days: 20th and 21st November 2017.
If you haven’t been contacted within 7 days of the closing date please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion.