“Following in the footsteps of Christ”
Due to the retirement of our well respected Headteacher; the Governors of St. Paschal Baylon Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational, forward-thinking Head Teacher with the vision and experience to lead our school effectively and continue to build on its success.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic and role model for staff and children, with a clear vision and understanding of Catholic education, spiritual and moral development
- Be committed to the success of every child
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a proven leader with a track record of successful school improvements
- Motivate and inspire our staff and children, making them feel valued and supported
- Be committed to a high standard of teaching and learning and continued school improvements
- Promote effective relationships with parents, the parish and the wider community
The opportunity we can offer is:
- A strong and loving school community, underpinned by our Catholic ethos, in which all are respected
- An enriched curriculum that supports the development of the whole child
- Confident, motivated and enthusiastic children, with a high standard of good behaviour
- A team of talented, highly professional, caring and dedicated staff
- Effective and committed governors
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
Informal visits to St. Paschal Baylon Catholic Primary School are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by calling the school office (0151 722 0464). St. Paschal Baylon Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and Governors operate Safer Recruitment procedures. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and Disclosure by Association statement will be required for the successful candidate.
For further details and an application pack, please contact the school office (0151 722 0464). Please return your completed application to Miss K. Nolan, Chair of Governors by email to (email@example.com).
Closing date is 4pm on Thursday 23rd March 2017.
Shortlisting on Monday 27th March 2017.
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 27th and Friday 28th April 2017.
St. Paschal Baylon Catholic Primary School is a successful Catholic School where all members of staff work very hard to encourage and enable the children to exceed their potential. We focus on the children, always seeking opportunities to develop their unique talents and giving them a range of unique experiences. It is a happy, safe school where children’s behaviour is exemplary and we live by our mission statement “Following in the footsteps of Christ”.
The school is oversubscribed, offers a high standard of education for a wide range of children of all abilities both within the school day and outside school hours. We are an inclusive school and all our children are nurtured and treasured as they develop into citizens of the future.
We are proud of our sporting tradition, our international status, our Business Enterprise achievements and our Health and Well-Being Awards.
The importance of parent and governor partnership is recognized at St. Paschal Baylon. We greatly value the contributions that parents and governors make to the development of the children and to the life of the school.
At St. Paschal Baylon “children learn with great enthusiasm” OFSTED 2014
‘This school is an excellent example of a vibrant Christian community. It shows real joy in sharing it's mission’. (Religious Education Inspector, November 2014)
For more information and to apply online:
St. Paschal Baylon Catholic Primary School
Merseyside L16 2LN
0151 722 0464
School website: www.paschalbaylon.org.uk