Children are at the Heart of Everything we do
Sunnyhill Primary is a vibrant and inclusive community school in Streatham, Lambeth. We are proud of our creative curriculum, academic results and our award-winning pupil voice teams. Our passionate governors, SLT, staff, children and parents work collaboratively to produce a positive and exciting atmosphere in which all of us can learn, play and grow together. We have strong ties with our local community beyond the school gates and strive to be the best we can be in all areas of our school life.
Our Core Values
Respect each other - Strive for Excellence - Try your Best - Every Individual Matters - Take Responsibility
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will:
- be charismatic, visionary, visible, inspirational and innovative in their approach to leading our school community
- be a team player, working closely with enthusiastic governors and diligent, high quality staff
- have experience of demonstrating leadership in the attainment and progress of all learners, recognising that every individual matters
- have a proven and extensive track record of working inclusively in a diverse primary school setting and equally diverse local community
- have natural problem solving abilities and a desire to support and develop the staff team, as well as setting the highest of standards in teaching
- be compassionate and have the ability to motivate and inspire
What we can offer you
Sunnyhill Primary School will provide:
- an engaged and enthusiastic cohort of children from many different backgrounds who love coming to school, who strive for excellence and take responsibility for their learning and growth
- a committed, passionate and dynamic staff team and board of governors, with a child-centred approach to pupil development and wellbeing
- a supportive community of parents and carers committed to working in partnership with the school
- an original Victorian school site blended with purpose built new school buildings, set in spacious grounds
- an atmosphere of respect, positivity and unity
How to Apply
An application pack, including school information, job description and person specification, and an application form are attached. These can also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2019, 12pm
Interview dates: Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th February 2019
School visits: There will be an opportunity to visit the School during the weeks beginning 14th January and 21st January. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Sunnyhill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk
Sunnyhill Primary School
Streatham, London SW16 2UW
Tel: 020 8769 4785