The governors are seeking to appoint an energetic, talented, and values driven new Head Teacher to lead our already highly successful school through its next phase of development, in partnership with staff, governors, and parents.
Lady Zia Wernher School is an outstanding primary community special school educating children between the age of 3 and 11 years. The new Head will build on our substantial existing strengths and inspire and motivate the school to ongoing outstanding future success.
The school is well funded and very sound financially, being currently in receipt of place funding for 111 FTE children, all of whom have severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties, complex medical needs, or autistic spectrum disorder.
Our popular and friendly multi-ethnic school has a strong culture of providing a nurturing, learning environment where everyone feels valued.
Staff are well supported and their continuous professional development is strongly encouraged. We also place substantial importance and value on engagement with our parents and carers.
If you share our passion to deliver positive outcomes that continually transform the future of vulnerable children, this is your chance to make a real and lasting difference.
Our next Head will have:
- Experience as a current School Leader within a Special Educational Needs setting with experience of successfully managing teams and managing change
- A natural and genuine ability to lead and manage all stakeholders with strong values of respect, empathy, fairness, openness, and honesty
- The proven ability to think strategically and the vision and commitment to build on the existing exciting developments within the school and to forge new paths
- Dynamic and inspirational leadership to challenge, motivate and empower staff and all other key stakeholders including the children, parents, and carers
- An in-depth knowledge and empathetic understanding of how children and young people with complex needs learn and make good progress
- The ability and enthusiasm to enable a learning environment that promotes high aspirations for pupils plus values and builds upon their emergent capabilities
- Extensive understanding, experience, and a record of accomplishment of success in managing all aspects of safeguarding children and staff
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your career in a successful and thriving school
- Strong partnership with a knowledgeable and supportive board of governors, all of whom are committed to your ongoing professional development
- A highly-skilled, professional, and motivated staff team
- Parents and carers who welcome partnership and share our high expectations
- Collaborative working practice with a wide range of stakeholders
- An innovative, bespoke curriculum
Closing Date: 18 March 2018
Shortlisting Date: 21 March 2018
Interview Date: 27 March 2018
For more information, please visit our website at www.ladyziawernherschool.com however, please be aware that our website is currently being re-designed. We highly recommend and encourage you to visit our school and spend some time with the children and the staff.
To apply please visit https://jobs.luton.gov.uk/
Lady Zia Wernher School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.