Malawi known as ‘Warm Heart of Africa’ is, in large part, a place of peace and quiet, without the traffic jams and hassles of city life and as a country, people perceive Malawi being safe, stable and peaceful. A country that gives an impression of a nice, warm friendly country to travel in
A Dynamic & Visionary HEAD TEACHER
From September 2018
For one of the oldest and the most renowned institutions in the country Mount View Primary School .
Line of Responsibility
The Headteacher is directly responsible to the school’s governing body through the Chair of Governors.
The post holder shall be responsible to the Board of Governors for the overall leadership and management of the school, leading Governors and colleagues in the development of strategy, policy and growth plans. In particular he/she shall advise on and implement rigorous pre-primary, Cambridge Key Stage 1 and 2 curriculums along with pastoral policies to ensure that students receive the highest standard of education.
- S/he shall ensure that highest possible standards of education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning, a balanced curriculum, the provision of excellent pastoral care and support for students and a rich extra-curricular programme.
- S/he lead and direct all members of staff and students, through the direct management of the school’s leadership team, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate management structure, and that the school complies with educational and other relevant legislation including health and safety.
- S/he shall be responsible for promoting the aims and values of the school and ensure effective communication with all stakeholders, including Governors, staff, pupils, and parents.
- S/he shall attend meetings of the Governing Body, provide Governors with regular reports on school development and activities and consult with the Governing Body whenever appropriate.
- S/he shall keep abreast of changes in government policy and wider educational practices. S/he shall be accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality outcome of all aspects of the school including pupil behaviour & discipline.
- S/he shall be involved in PR, marketing & communication
- Essential: Minimum a bachelor’s degree along with a degree in education. Candidates with the Master’s degree shall be given preference.
- Desired: Applicants with QTS/PGCE shall be given priority over others.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a deputy/head teacher in any international school with the Cambridge Curriculum.
Salary & Other benefits
- A competitive salary, one of the best in the Sub-Saharan Countries, along with 15% gratuity on gross pay towards the end of the contract ( one contract is meant for two years which is also renewable based on one’s performance).
- Fully furnished accommodation, free utilities, inverter back up.
- Full Medical coverage for self, spouse and two biological children
- Free education for two biological children
- Air Fare once in two years for the family
Those interested, please send detailed CV along with a cover letter, photographs, copies of credentials and at two references to the Chairman, Board of Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org
To discover more about Mount View Primary School, kindly visit www.mountviewprimarymw.com