Phoenix International Primary School was founded in 1977 as an Educational Trust to ‘provide educational instruction through the English curriculum to children of any nationality, race or creed.’ Today Phoenix educates over 250 children from more than 20 countries between the ages of 2 and 12 years.
Phoenix School is conveniently located near the Blantyre city centre, and across the road from St. Andrew’s International High School, which Phoenix is a major feeder school to.
Phoenix International Primary School is inviting applications for suitably qualified and experienced school leaders for this exciting and dynamic position. The successful candidate will have a strong background in the English National Curriculum, significant leadership experience, intercultural competencies, a strong basis in financial management, and a clear vision for how the school can continue to flourish.
The Head Teacher is responsible for implementing the Mission and Vision of Phoenix School. He/she is an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees and is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to hold site and curriculum responsibilities that include:
- Leading and directing the general school management.
- Develop a strategic plan for the improvement of the school.
- Provide school leadership in partnership with the Senior Management Leadership Team
- Participate in planning, organizing, budgeting and reviewing progress on educational goals.
- Actively participate with other teams in terms of seeking accreditation, marketing, and whole school projects or initiatives.
- Organize and conduct meetings with parents and teachers to ensure positive outcomes for all parties.
- Take the role of Head of Academics and monitor teachers work plans and implementation of daily instruction.
- Act as an instructional leader in the primary program, tracking student achievement, coaching teachers, and analysing assessment data.
- Develop review systems to ensure robust evaluation of teachers’ performance.
- Curriculum development, implementation, resourcing and training for staff members.
- Leading personnel management for the school, including conducting performance reviews and hiring.
- Be an excellent role model, exemplifying high standard to teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community.
- Support the development of collaborative approaches to learning within the school and beyond.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have appropriate academic qualifications (a minimum of a Bachelors in Education and an equivalent Postgraduate Certificate in Education). A Masters in Education is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively capture and convey corporate or high level ideas.
- Ability to work in a flexible and cross-cultural environment.
- Emotionally stable, spiritually mature, honest, transparent and sensitive to people.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in school administration at a leadership level.
- A proven track record of monitoring and improving student achievement.
Salary and benefit package
The successful candidate will receive a salary and benefits package that is competitive in the international sector.
Phoenix School is an equal opportunities employer. Discrimination will not be made on the grounds of race, ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, marital status, disability or any other basis.
Phoenix School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at Phoenix must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: 20 December 2019
Start date: August 2020
Application for Employment, Terms of Reference and other relevant documents available from: email@example.com
Please do not submit a CV or send certificates or reference letters at this point
Short listing will commence immediately after the closing date. We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date. Early application is strongly encouraged. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To learn more about Phoenix School please see our website at: http://www.phoenixschoolmalawi.com