The Governors of our school in Rainham, Kent are seeking to appoint an inspirational, practising Catholic to take our school from Good to Outstanding. This opportunity has arisen due to the retirement of our well respected Headteacher. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and learning and who has the resilience and leadership qualities required to take our school to the highest level of success.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
- has a strong Catholic faith and understanding of Catholic education, who will uphold and sustain the spiritual and caring ethos of the school
- is an experienced senior leader who can manage and inspire our team of teachers and staff, whilst developing the potential of every individual.
- has a strong strategic vision backed up with the practical skills to implement that vision.
- Can help to guide our team on our continued journey from good to outstanding
- is an effective communicator and experienced change manager.
- is committed to the well-being of the children in all aspects of school life, holding high standards of achievement and ensuring that they feel valued and supported.
- will work closely with the local parish and wider community.
We offer the successful candidate:
- A warm welcome to our school with an exciting opportunity to make a difference
- A welcoming and fully inclusive Catholic community
- Positive, happy and well-motivated children who enjoy learning
- A hard working and dedicated staff team, with a supportive Governing Body
- An engaged parent community with a proactive PTA
- The opportunity to develop your own leadership skills and CPD.
St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced DBS check. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.
Applicants are warmly invited to visit our school and we look forward to meeting you. Please contact the school office to arrange on 01634 234677.
For further details and application pack please email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 22nd September 2017
Interviews: 3rd & 4th October 2017