Do you want to lead a dynamic and passionate team of professionals who are inspiring the next generation? Can you drive inspirational and remarkable practice across our broad primary curriculum? Are you the person to create a new vision for the next chapter of our outstanding school, building upon our current successes?
We can offer you:
- A large over-subscribed school
- A strongly committed staff of 82
- 627 pupils making up our diverse and inclusive school population
- An active and supportive governing body
- Positive relationships with a highly involved parent body
- A track record of excellent results across the school
- An OFSTED outstanding judgement (2015)
- Opportunity for professional development
- Collaborative working with Headteachers across the Ouseburn Learning Trust
- A strong and secure financial position with an annual budget of over £2.6 million
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is an exceptional and ambitious leader
- Has a deep understanding of and passion for learning and teaching
- Can further develop and deepen our exciting, innovative curriculum keeping us at the forefront of best practice
- Can manage a large school’s finances, resources and people
- Can maximise the opportunities presented by being a large school with previous teaching school status
- Will ensure resilience in a changing educational landscape
- Is committed to maintaining our OFSTED outstanding judgement
We believe that this is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right individual to bring their own personality and vision to the role.
Would you like to find out more about this opportunity? We strongly urge you to visit us, and we are holding two open days so you can meet the Chair and Vice Chair of Governors and look around the school on Wednesday 18th March (12 noon – 3pm) and Thursday 19th March (10am – 1pm). Please contact the school to register your interest on 0191 281 0000 or email@example.com. To arrange an informal discussion with the Chair of Governors, Jane Edminson, please contact the school.
Interested in applying? A completed application form and Safe Recruitment form must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Monday 30th March. Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 1st April and interviews will take place on Wednesday 22nd April and Thursday 23rd April.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful candidate will depend on a satisfactory enhanced criminal records check form, the Disclosure and Barring Service and other recruitment and vetting checks. This is a Foundation School, which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the school.