These are exciting times at Swaffham Junior. We are a growing school and it is the aspiration of trustees and local governors to become a primary by 2020. In March this year, we secured ‘good’ following our first inspection as an academy having previously been in special measures. Ofsted said that ‘The curriculum is broad and balanced and inspires pupils to want to learn’ and that ‘ pupils are making good progress from their low starting points’.
We want to push on in our journey of continuous improvement and require a highly motivated and skilled individual to lead the way in a thriving community that cannot wait to work with you!
Swaffham needs someone with the:
- character to ensure that personal virtues and organisational values enhance outcomes
- passion to focus relentlessly on what’s best for pupils in their context
- initiative to promote new and innovative ideas whilst sustaining what already works
- ability to develop outstanding educational provision that results in outstanding outcomes
- willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them
- ambition to capitalise on exciting prospects for growth
- vision to cultivate collaborative relationships with other academies in the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT) whilst establishing Swaffham as a beacon of distinctiveness and excellence
You will be supported by the Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust (DNEAT). Ofsted (May 2018) reported that ‘Headteachers speak highly of the value added to their provision through becoming part of the family of Trust schools’ and that ‘vacant posts are offered not just as jobs, but as career development opportunities’ in a ‘culture of collaborative learning’ We can therefore offer you:
- peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support
- geographically focussed development opportunities within a south western hub of academies including dedicated support from a key professional
- the security of working in a climate of shared accountability
- investment in your professional development and future career
- opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and trust-wide improvement initiatives
- access to a suite of core services that enable you to focus more on leading, teaching and learning
- a research-based approach to academy improvement that builds capacity from within
- a values-led approach that underpins the attitudes and behaviour of individuals and the family of Church academies
Don’t miss the opportunity to find out more by reading our information pack and visiting our website. We strongly encourage potential candidates to visit the school to experience what it has to offer. Please contact Jackie Purple on 01760 721831 to arrange a visit.
The post holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 10th June 2018
Interviews: Thursday 28th and Friday 29th June 2018
Take up post: 1st January 2019
For an application form please contact EPM Ltd, email: email@example.com or download directly from school vacancies at www.epm.co.uk
Return completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swaffham C of E Junior Academy
Brandon Road Swaffham
Norfolk PE37 7EA
Headteacher - Swaffham Church of England Junior Academy