The Glapton Academy is recruiting a Headteacher to join us from September 2018 or January 2019. Our school sits in the heart of a community that is passionate about the children who come and learn here. We have very strong relationships with parents and carers, who play an active role in the school's vision and values.
Our school is a ‘Good’ school as judged by Ofsted in September 2016, with 300 children who benefit from a well-developed and embedded curriculum. The outcomes our children make are in line with national average, and with the dedication of our hardworking team we envisage these only improving under the direction of a new Headteacher.
This opportunity provides a strong foundation for a current or aspiring Headteacher to build upon. It will offer the successful applicant opportunities to shape a growing school, which is in the process of expanding its provision to a two-form entry school over the coming academic years. All areas of the school perform well, with a team of professionals that are well established, providing a consistently good quality of teaching and learning.
As part of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, the school benefits from access to a wide range of training, development and professional services. The Headteacher can access support and guidance on all areas of teaching, learning and school operations, directly as and when required. We are proud to have developed a culture within our Trust in which Headteachers partner and communicate well with each other, providing a strong network of likeminded leaders to work with.
This role would suit a forward-thinking and dynamic school leader who has a successful track record in school leadership and is looking to develop their practice in a collaborative and supportive Trust. The successful candidate will lead the strategic development of the school and will be an outstanding role model for all.
We are looking for someone who will:
- develop and apply their vision for The Glapton Academy;
- lead by example and be a great teacher themselves;
- determine, implement and monitor the quality of teaching and learning across the academy;
- ensure the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources;
- lead, empower and drive staff to achieve success.
In return, the successful candidate will:
- be joining a strong and dynamic team of professionals;
- work in a school with high aspirations for all of its pupils and staff;
- be provided with excellent career opportunities;
- have access to a range of professional services that will add value to their school;
- receive a Teachers Pension and a highly competitive salary, negotiable according to experience and track record.
Arrange a visit
Visits to the school are recommended and warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit, please contact Hannah Bingham, HR Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits can be arranged on any of the dates and times below, however should these not be suitable for you, don’t hesitate to contact Hannah with the aim of finding a mutually convenient date.
- Friday 11th May 2018 after school
- w/c 14th May 2018 from 12.00pm onwards
- w/c 21st May 2018 after school (excluding 22nd May 2018)
How to apply
Please send a completed application form and covering letter, with a supporting CV if you wish, to Hannah Bingham, HR Business Partner: email@example.com
Closing date: 12.00pm on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, therefore shortlisted candidates may be contacted in advance of the closing date.
The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.