Join us and help us shape the future of Catholic education in Nottingham
The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a new Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Primary School from April or September 2021.
St Augustine’s is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Nottinghamshire.
The school is a 1.5 form entry and is a vibrant school where the life of Jesus is central to everything the school undertakes. Pupils make progress above the national average in all areas.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
• ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
• have a proven track records of successful leadership, management and school improvement
• have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
• be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
• be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners
• constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the CMAT, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
• be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
• have the ability to drive themselves and others
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
• place safeguarding at the heart of the school
In return we can offer you:
• enthusiastic and ambitious children who are keen to learn
• a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
• a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its pupils
• the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance. You would benefit from first class CPD opportunities and be able to lead CPD for the TSA
• an excellent, bespoke induction programme
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
To arrange a virtual conversation about this role please contact Mrs Karen Rich, Executive Assistant to James McGeachie, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust and St Augustine’s School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
St Augustine's Catholic Primary and Nursery (VA) Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
At St. Augustine’s we aim to create an orderly, welcoming environment where the Gospel values of love, peace and justice are reflected in the behaviour of all members of the school community.
Prayer and worship are an important part of our daily scho...