Due to the retirement of our current successful Headteacher, we are looking to recruit a new Headteacher from January 2019.
Manor Mead and Walton Leigh are a Federation of two special schools on separate sites currently accommodating 155 students, aged 2½ to 19. All students have severe/profound and complex learning difficulties, some of whom have an autistic spectrum disorder in addition to their learning difficulty.
Our vision is that everyone in our learning community will be supported to achieve, contribute and live life to the full.
Each school has independently achieved three sequential Outstanding Ofsted judgements to date. The Federation maintains a continued focus on school improvement, including plans for some exciting redevelopment of our premises to significantly enhance the offering for pupils.
We are looking for a candidate who has an absolute commitment to supporting our students on their journey from nursery age into adulthood, and therefore would have the following qualities:
- experience of successful leadership and management at a senior level in a special school;
- detailed knowledge of current legislation and guidance for SEND, safeguarding and child protection;
- experience of working effectively with local authorities, staff, families, governors, and other stakeholders in the local community;
- experience of networking and collaboration to drive best practice for the SEND community;
- an effective communicator who is able to inspire, develop and drive forward a shared strategic vision for the school;
- an ability to create a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all pupils can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning;
- sets high expectations and challenging targets for staff, students and stakeholders;
- inspires by best practice, delegates through empowerment, motivates and supports all staff;
- committed to their own ongoing professional development and wellbeing.
Informal visits to both sites are encouraged. Please contact Emma Alexander at Manor Mead school office on 01932 241834 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Completed applications should be sent to the Clerk to the Governing Body, Emma Alexander at the following address before noon on 30th April 2018:
Manor Mead School, Laleham Road, Shepperton, Middlesex TW17 8EL
or by email to email@example.com.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date for applications: Mon 30th April 2018
Interview Date: Mon 14th May 2018 / 15th May 2018
Manor Mead and Walton Leigh Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following the procedures recommended to safeguard children, we will be taking up references if you are shortlisted for an interview. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check. Our full Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy is available to download from our websites and also on request.