Governors are seeking to appoint a strong, industrious, consultative leader able to engender the highest levels of professional and personal respect to inspire our entire school community. You will work together with a dedicated Teaching and Support staff, a Leadership Team which consists of a Deputy Head, a Senior Assistant Head, 5 Assistant Heads and a School Business Manager.
You will be:
- Committed to improving teaching and learning.
- An experienced senior leader with a proven record of managing change and raising standards.
- A figure of professional authority able to command the respect of students, staff, parents
- Resilient, selfless and totally committed to the success of our students.
- A successful school, over-subscribed for Year 7 places in the last five years and with strong academic performance and the capacity to improve still further.
- An outstanding school building and facilities (all students equipped with iPads from September 2014).
- An experienced, highly dedicated, energetic senior leadership team.
- Highly committed and talented staff who share a common vision to make teaching as good as it possibly can be, with a very strong emphasis on focused CPD.
- Responsive students, highly supportive parents and an involved and analytical Governing Body.
Closing date: Friday 5th October at 12.00noon
Further details and an application pack are available on the school website: www.ormskirk.lancs.sch.uk
Informal school visits welcome, Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd October 9.00 – 11.00am. Please contact Julie Langham (JAL@ormskirk.lancs.sch.uk) to arrange. In addition, our school Open Evening is being held on Thursday 27th September 2018, all interested parties are welcome to come along and visit our vibrant school on that evening.
Ormskirk School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school will take all necessary steps to check the suitability of prospective employees, an enhanced DBS will be sought and background checks will be made.
Ormskirk School is an equal opportunities employer.
Headteacher: Mr M R Kerridge
Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 2AT • T: 01695 583040