An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our warm, welcoming, caring school, in the small town of Ossett, near Wakefield.
Ofsted judged the school to require improvement in June 2017, with a judgement of good for personal development, behaviour and welfare. Ofsted acknowledged a range of strengths and we are now looking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher who can build on these strengths, so that Southdale rapidly moves to good.
The Governing Body, staff and children are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who is committed to achieving excellent outcomes for all of our learners, while maintaining and enhancing our distinctive character as a Church of England school.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Has proven, successful leadership experience at a primary level, that will ensure that learning across all cohorts builds effectively on each pupil’s attainment.
- Is able to evidence an understanding of current research/developments into effective teaching and learning, and how this could support Southdale’s learning journey.
- Is reflective, with good communication and listening skills; able to recognise current strengths, maintaining stability while managing change
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and learning and believes in maximising the potential of all children and staff to be the best that they can be.
- Is an inspirational role model with strong leadership, management and organisational skills and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Has the ability to sustain and enhance our strong relationships with parents, staff, governors, the community and Christ Church, South Ossett.
We can offer you:
- Delightful children, who are hardworking, enthusiastic and well-behaved, with parents who are keen to engage with their children’s learning.
- Supportive, well-informed Governors, who are dedicated to a vision of educational excellence, with a commitment to your continuing professional development.
- A team of caring and committed staff, who seek consistent, outstanding, effective leadership.
- Strong support from the Local Authority.
- Strong support to extend understanding of the expectations of a SIAMs inspection, if required.
If this sounds like you, we warmly encourage you to visit us before you apply. We would be delighted to show you our school and to answer any questions that you may have. Please contact Sam Jones, School Business Manager, at the school office on 01924 277965, who will be able to arrange a suitable date and time for you to visit our school.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school by 29th September.
Shortlisting date: 3rd October, 2017
Interview dates: 11th & 12th October, 2017
At Southdale we are all committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Satisfactory pre-employment checks and references will be required.You will also be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to make a declaration under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations