We wish to appoint an inspirational Head Teacher with excellent leadership skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has the determination, commitment and experience to make a significant difference to this much-loved school in the heart of its community. We are seeking someone who will bring energy to the school, bring ideas to make learning and the school experience exciting and different, and who will encourage teachers and pupils alike. We are planning to recruit this role to commence in September 2018.
The school is a member of The Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust which:
- has a strong community of 30 schools across the counties of Oxfordshire and Berkshire, 80% of which are rated as good or outstanding by Ofsted;
- an effective school improvement system with a strong and committed team of experienced advisers;
- operates a hub model, clustering schools together to enable networking and peer-to-peer support. Wheatley CE Primary operates within the Oxford Hub.
The school has been judged by Ofsted to be in special measures. ODST has appointed an experienced Interim Executive Head to support the initial rapid improvement required, who will be on hand to provide a supportive handover to the successful candidate.
Our school offers you:
- Over 290 lively and articulate children who love to learn;
- A flexible and creative approach to the planning, teaching and assessment of the curriculum;
- A professional and friendly team of staff who work hard and are dedicated to promoting children’s learning;
- A team that is keen to learn from your expertise and experience, and share their own;
- A village school that is actively supported by the school council, parents, the PTA, and the wider community which actively participates in sports and cultural events, making full use of our extensive school grounds and facilities;
- A committed Local Governing Body which has an excellent working knowledge of the school and who will support you in your personal and professional development;
- Strong relationship with John Watson School (a co-education special school for 2-19 year olds) which sits on the same campus.
You will have:
- Previous senior leadership experience in schools in challenging circumstances;
- A commitment and desire to make a difference and you will enjoy the challenge of driving rapid improvement;
- Inspirational and motivational leadership skills to manage and develop the staff team;
- A positive and innovative approach to school improvement, with the energy and enthusiasm to be an outstanding role model;
- The highest expectations of all pupils, and a commitment to working with both staff and parents to ensure excellence of educational provision;
- Drive and determination, along with humour and perspective;;
- A track record as an outstanding teacher with the ability to coach and support colleagues in developing these skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with stakeholders and the wider community, developing rapport. You will be a visible presence to both the parent body and pupils, and a strong advocate of the school to the wider community;
- A proven track record of strong strategic leadership and the ability to use data and systems to drive improvement;
- The ability to build on the successes already achieved within the school;
- Experience of using IT to enhance learning and school systems;
- The acumen to enable you to manage and control the school’s budget effectively;
- A positive and innovative approach to school improvement;
- An understanding that Wheatley CE Primary is a church-led primary school and you will support its Christian ethos.
Wheatley CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding its pupils and staff and this appointment will be made in accordance with the principles of safer recruitment. DBS checks will be required for the successful applicant.
An informal visit to the school is encouraged. Please contact Sharon Mullins on (01865 872366), or email: email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Application forms are available at www.odst.org.uk/vacancies. Further information is available online at www.wheatley.oxon.sch.uk or from firstname.lastname@example.org on 01865 208734.
Closing Date: 15 February 2018. Interviews will be held on 22-23 February 2018.