Salary for role: L14 – L20 (starting salary L14-17)
Start January 2018
Watlington Primary School, Love Lane, Watlington OX49 5RB
T: 01491 612474 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is at an important crossroads, one that the school governors believe offers significant scope and opportunity for the right candidate to build a high-performing and highly respected centre of learning for young people in our rural community.
After several years of constant improvement, more recently the school has lost some momentum and now requires a visionary leader to map out and deliver the next era in the school’s development.
To succeed you will need to be a great communicator, to sell and deliver a vision while developing professional colleagues, improving progress across the whole school and building a network within the area.
Watlington Primary School is a larger than average rural primary school with 266 pupils on roll. The Pupil Admission Number is 45 per year group. This means that the school currently maintains a one and a half form entry. Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage are taught together across two Reception classes. We offer nursery provision for three and four-year-olds, which has recently been expanded and is likely to grow further.
LEADERSHIP – SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Defining and implementing the strategy, vision and ethos for a school
• Building and nurturing a high performing team across the whole school
• Proven ability to continually raise school performance – using multiple approaches to raise pupil attainment and progress
TEACHING AND LEARNING – SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Can demonstrate the ability to articulate and implement a vision for outstanding learning and teaching
• Setting ambitious targets for both pupils and teachers to drive improvement
• Knowledge of major issues and best practice in teaching and learning, curriculum development, care and welfare of pupils.
• A strong commitment to staff development, a common ethos and goals at all levels
MANAGING SCHOOL OPERATIONS – SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ensuring that there is a safe and happy culture, adhering to outstanding safeguarding practice
• Financial understanding – the ability to set and manage a delegated budget
• Setting standards, maintains and monitors behaviour, attendance and discipline
In addition to the skills and experience required to perform the role, we seek an individual who can display and provide evidence of the following personal qualities:
• An excellent communicator with highly developed interpersonal skills
• Living by team spirit
• Operating with integrity, empathy and tact
• Evangelical in their enthusiasm to promote the school’s vision, value and achievements to stakeholders
• A love for the education of children
• Sense of humour
VISITING THE SCHOOL
We strongly recommend that you visit the school before applying for this position. To arrange a visit, please contact Jane Fowler or Katie Hall (School Business Managers) in the school office on 01491 612474.
HOW TO APPLY
Further information including our recruitment pack can be found on our school website: http://www.watlington.oxon.sch.uk/recruitment/
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com for the attention of John Ingram, Chair of Governors.
Closing Date for applications: 29th June 2017
Interviews and selection day: 11th July 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be advised on the range of tasks and activities that will make up the selection process.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.