The Diocese of Ely Multi Academy Trust (DEMAT)
is seeking to appoint a
Stanground St John’s Church of England Primary School
Combined school group size: 2
DEMAT has an opportunity for an inspirational leader who puts children at the heart of everything that they do, who wants to influence and drive the future development of education in our schools, and who can demonstrate our Trust values of aspiration, love, community, respect, and trust.
Our vision is for every child to flourish, to be introduced to the richness of human experience, and to understand and question the world around them. If you feel you would be able to bring this vision to life through your work as a Headteacher within our Trust, we welcome hearing from you.
As Headteacher of Stanground St John’s Church of England Primary Academy, based in Peterborough, you would be joining a school that shares in values and purpose of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust to provide a world-class education through a knowledge-rich curriculum and the highest quality teacher development. Our Primary school has a has distinct feeling of family and community and has strong drive to reach high levels of attainment. You will lead others to continue to invest fully in the personal, academic, and cultural capital of all pupils providing them with a range of experiences and knowledge in order that they can engage with all sections of society and community academically, intellectually and socially.
We are therefore looking to appoint an ambitious leader for 1st September 2021, who will build on the existing strengths and opportunities of the school. We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to demonstrate how curriculum is the driving force of a school;
- Will demonstrate why the ability to teach reading is so important;
- Has the ability and knowledge required to ensure we continue to improve;
- Is able to empower and motivate children, staff and parents, being a visible presence in and around the school;
- Can demonstrate proven leadership experience;
- Has proven experience at accelerating pupil progress through assessment and intervention, and understands how to lead this;
- Has high expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves; and
- Can lead a dedicated workforce of teachers and support staff, demonstrating by example.
We are committed to providing systems of high-quality support and challenge to ensure that our school leaders develop and that our schools continually improve. Our leaders have direct links with each other, our Education Team, and our central support teams. We provide significant operational and management support, and together we are building a strong offer for professional development at each level.
If you would like further information on this role, please refer to our DEMAT Headteachers application pack in the link below.
Applications may be sent to us via the My New Term link below. The deadline for applications is midday on Thursday 20 May 2021.
If you would like to contact us to discuss the position, our Academy, or the Trust you would be joining, or you would like to arrange a visit to Stanground St John’s, please contact Laura Barton via our firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stanground St John's Church of England Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years