Contract type: Full Time, Permanent Salary: L33 to L39 (£90,906.00 to £104,743.00)
Nower Hill High School is a highly successful, oversubscribed, “outstanding” (Ofsted) school seeking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher to meet the opportunities and challenges ahead and to lead the school into the future.
Nower Hill is a happy, busy and nurturing mixed comprehensive 11-18 school. We currently have 1548 students on roll from Years 7-11 and 391 students in our thriving Sixth Form. In 2018, 79% of all grades achieved at GCSE level were A*-C (9-4) with 29% of all GCSE grades being A* and A (7-9). At A-Level our equally impressive results included 33% of all grades at A*/A and 64% at A*/A and B.
We are here to ensure that students achieve to the best of their potential during their time with us. We want our students to enjoy their education so that they value learning and look back fondly on their time at school and leave well prepared for the next stage in their life; articulate, ambitious young people with the strength of character, confidence and qualifications to succeed in a highly competitive world.
We are very proud of our school and the achievements of our students and staff. Due to the upcoming retirement of our current Headteacher, we seek an exceptional candidate with the capacity, imagination and flair to take over the leadership of this large and successful school from September 2019.
We want our new Headteacher to share our passion for:
- Emphasis on academic excellence
- Creating an environment where all can flourish in line with their individual ability/potential
- Raising standards, improving student attainment and securing progress
- Building and developing positive, effective working relationships with staff and parents alike
- Commitment to making the school the heart of its community
- A broad, balanced and enriching curriculum
- Consistent high-quality teaching and learning
- Supporting our school values in all the young people who pass through the school: impeccable manner, articulate oracy, excellent behaviour, smartness of appearance, hard work, kindness.
In return we offer:
- High calibre, dedicated and enthusiastic teaching and support staff
- Well-behaved and highly-motivated students who want to achieve their potential
- A Governing Body who is active in the life of the school, approachable and supportive
- High morale and team spirit amongst all staff
- Students who are a pleasure to work with
- Excellent local reputation
You are warmly invited to arrange an informal visit to the school before the closing date. Please contact Nicola Edwards, PA to the Headteacher on 020 8863 0877 to make the arrangements.
Applications can be made either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post. Please complete the application form and also submit an application letter addressed to the Chair of Governors of no more than 1500 words (3 sides of A4).
Nower Hill High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will take all necessary steps to check the suitability of prospective employees, an enhanced DBS will be sought and background checks will be made. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 12th November 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th November 2018