St Paul’s Catholic Primary School, St Budeaux Plymouth
The development of Plymouth CAST Multi-Academy Trust over the next two years has the potential to provide, for those with the necessary skill and experience and the desire to progress their career, opportunities to assume greater responsibility for and influence over the future of the Trust.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a Head Teacher for January 2019. As the leader of the school, you will be responsible for creating, inspiring and embodying the Catholic ethos, securing their vision with all members of the school community and ensuring an environment for teaching that empowers staff and children to achieve their highest potential.
St Paul’s is a one-form entry primary school in the centre of Plymouth. There are 186 pupils and 36 staff. It is currently graded good by Ofsted. The school is situated in a deprived part of the City with 30% Pupil Premium, 25% SEN, 8% Service children and 8% EAL. The school has superb grounds, its own school field and beautiful garden spaces for the children to use to enhance their learning experiences. The team at St Paul’s is highly committed, resilient and has a passion to provide an excellent education for the pupils.
The successful candidate is:
● A practising Catholic with a clear vision of Catholic education
● Able to evidence their high standards and expectations
● Committed to meeting the learning and pastoral needs of all pupils at the school
● Dedicated to raising standards through robust leadership of teaching
● Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills
● Resilient and positive, responding to the current challenges in education with a ‘can do’ approach
● Able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff
● Reflective and evaluative of their practice, seeking to develop further
● Committed to working as part of a family of schools within the Trust
Required: January 2019
Salary: Leadership pay spine L12 – L18
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Karen Spellman, Senior Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01752. 365. 459.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date for applications: 4pm on Friday 12 October 2018
Interview dates: Tuesday 30 and Wednesday 31 October 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.