The Governors of Laurence Jackson School wish to appoint a new Headteacher who can build upon the significant successes of the retiring Headteacher. Our oversubscribed 11 – 16 Foundation school (1250 on roll) is located in the historic market town of Guisborough. In 2016 staff and students moved into a new PFI school building which offers an excellent Teaching and Learning environment built around the ethos of our specialist sports college values and offering extensive amenities for the whole school community.
Guisborough, whilst in the heart of a rural area of Redcar & Cleveland Borough, is also just a short drive away from the North East coast and the North York Moors National Park offering a wealth of opportunities to relax outside of school.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational senior leader, committed to ‘improving the life chances’ of all our students, who will continue to drive the school forward to meet the demands and challenges of a changing educational landscape.
If you have suitable experience and can demonstrate the vision to lead our school, we would welcome your application.
You will have:
- a passionate commitment to develop learning and excellence for all our young people;
- a clear strategic vision based on strong educational values;
- the ability to lead, challenge, motivate and inspire all members of the school community;
- the ability to move the school forward, through a rich and diverse curriculum;
- the ability to foster positive relationships and a caring and inclusive ethos within the school.
We can offer:
- a committed and supportive Governing Body which reflects the enthusiasm of the school;
- a dedicated and experienced Senior Leadership Team and Staff;
- a commitment to continuous professional development;
- strong links with the local community;
- strong educational partnerships.
For additional information on our current school please visit www.laurencejackson.org.
Visits to the school are welcome, by appointment with the current Headteacher, Mrs Belinda Wheatman. Please telephone 01287 636361 to arrange a visit.
An informal discussion about this opportunity can be held with David Major, Head of Education (Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council) on 01642 444377.
The application form and supporting documents are obtainable from and returnable to Mrs D Anderson, PA to the Headteacher, Laurence Jackson School, Church Lane, Guisborough, North Yorkshire, TS14 6RD, 01287-636361 (Fax: 01287-610309), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 16 February 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20 February 2018
Interview date: w/c 12 March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and are an equal opportunities employer. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, along with other relevant employment checks.