Governors welcome applicants who are available to start at Easter 2020 or as soon as possible beforehand
Lowerplace Primary School is a larger than average, diverse and vibrant learning community that has been judged as Good with Outstanding Early Years provision in its most recent Ofsted inspection. The school is increasing in numbers and has recently undergone a large scale building project in order to accommodate the increase in pupil numbers further from September 2020.
The Governing Board are seeking to appoint a skilled, dynamic and compassionate Headteacher who will value and build on the hard work already undertaken and lead our talented, enthusiastic and committed team forward in the future. The successful candidate will be an experienced leader with a proven track record in school improvement and the ability to work with the school and local community and collaborative schools. They will demonstrate a commitment to the continuation of the wider initiatives the school has been proactive in facilitating over the past two years. The Governing Board welcomes applications from experienced Headteachers, Acting Headteachers and experienced Deputy Headteachers from schools of a similar size and context to ours.
The Governing Board will appoint someone who:
- Is an exceptional leader with high expectations of academic and personal achievement for all members of the school community
- Is able to further support a learning community in which children flourish emotionally, socially and academically and have fun whilst doing so!
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, is approachable with a good sense of humour and is able to realise the potential of staff at all levels throughout the school
- Shows a clear commitment to consolidating and building upon the successes of the school at all levels and can articulate a clear strategic vision to move the school forward in the future
We can offer:
- A welcoming and inclusive school with friendly, well behaved children who have a positive approach to learning and supportive parents
- Hard working, enthusiastic and committed staff who are forward thinking in their approach and show a clear determination to enable pupils to become lifelong and ambitious learners
- A committed and knowledgeable Governing Board who are keen to support the school to build upon the excellent work already undertaken and who are willing to work alongside the successful candidate to achieve the very best for the children and families of Lowerplace
Visits to the school prior to application are welcomed and positively encouraged. To arrange a visit to the school please contact: Garry Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01706 648174
To apply for this position please download the application form and supporting documentation and send completed applications to: email@example.com
Please visit the school's website at https://lowerplace.net/vacancies-at-lowerplace/ where you can find a video relating to the Headteacher recruitment.
Closing Date: Monday 14th October 2019 (12.00 noon)
Shortlisting: Wednesday 16th October 2019
Formal school visit for shortlisted candidates: Thursday 31st October 2019 (12.00 noon)
Interviews: Friday 1st November 2019
Lowerplace Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check and background check and Childcare Disqualification Check.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.
Lowerplace Primary School
Kingsway, Rochdale OL16 4UU
Tel: 01706 648174