The Governing Board of Marland Hill Community Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic, self-motivated and creative Headteacher for the beginning of the summer term 2020.
Marland Hill School is a popular, over-subscribed primary school within a diverse and multi-cultural community close to the centre of Rochdale. Within our 2 form entry school we also have a nursery, a resource base for up to 16 children with hearing impairment and a drop in centre for pre-school children who are visually impaired. All these are housed in a state of the art PFI building within pleasant and purposeful grounds. We are members of the IPLCN (Inspirational Professional Learning Network Community) a network of similar-minded local schools.
At Marland Hill we aim to create a happy, secure learning environment in which all members of the school community are valued and supported to grow in confidence and develop their true potential. At our latest OFSTED in May 2018 we were rated Good with Outstanding features and we are keen to build on current strengths and address areas for improvement.
You will have:
- Recent Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher experience
- Strong emotional intelligence and attention to detail
- Good communication and understanding of all stakeholders
- A commitment to partnership and collaborative working
- Proven leadership and management skills
- A strong commitment to enhancing the ethos and vision of the school
We can offer:
- A friendly welcoming school
- Children who are very proud of their school and are willing to take responsibility and look after each other
- Staff who work hard and take pride in helping every child to shine and flourish
- A state of the art modern PFI building
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team and a close relationship with our Governing Board
Most importantly our children would like:
- An inspirational confident leader
- Someone kind who cares for the school and the children
- Someone who is dedicated and hardworking and determined to give the children the best education
- Someone who is fun and creative but also fair and firm
- Someone who will listen to and consider Pupil Voice
There will be an opportunity for short-listed candidates to visit school before interview but if you would like to look round before you apply please contact Darren Walsh, our Business Manager, by telephone on 01706 647147 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the application form and supporting documentation and send completed applications to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 22nd November 2019 at 12.00 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th November 2019
Formal school visit for shortlisted candidates: Friday 29th November 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Marland Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check and background check.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.