Grade: H6 – H7
37 hours per week, term time + 10 Days
Responsible to: Headteacher
Job context and working arrangements:
You will work as a PA to support the work of the Headteacher. You will be based in the Headteacher’s PA’s office, adjacent to the Headteacher’s office.
Purpose of your job:
To provide a confidential and personal secretarial service to the Headteacher and the school.
• To provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Headteacher with minimum direct supervision.
• To manage the Headteacher’s diary with consideration of balancing demands on time.
• Ensure all relevant paperwork is given to the Headteacher in advance of meetings and highlight any forthcoming events etc. which she will be attending.
• To act as a point of contact for the school, and if possible, offset queries and problems from the Headteacher.
• Organise own workload and priorities, on a day to day basis, using own initiative and knowledge of the work.
• Answering telephone and other enquiries - referring to Deputy Headteacher in absence of Headteacher when necessary.
• Dealing with parents enquiries.
• Maintain good relations with public, press and voluntary bodies.
• Maintaining an efficient filing system.
• Liaise effectively with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), HR Officer, PA to SLT and Office Manager in balancing priorities and ensuring effective communication.
• To provide hospitality for all meetings led by the Headteacher and some key events in the school’s calendar.
• Management of complaints and Freedom of Information requests received by the Headteacher.
Knowledge, experience and training
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SIMS
• The ability to work with initiative and common sense
• Good inter-personal skills
• Good time management and prioritisation skills
• Accuracy and checking of work for quality
Full training will be provided as necessary in line with the requirements of the post and changes in technology.
All staff at Stanborough School have a comprehensive package of support, training and performance management, giving scope for personal and professional development. Support Staff meet regularly with the Headteacher to discuss whole-school issues and contribute to the overall development of the school.
It is a requirement of all staff that they sign the IT Acceptable User Policy and attend Safeguarding and Prevent training.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain responsibilities and duties of the post, each individual task to be undertaken will not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. The job description is current to the date shown but, in consultation with you, it may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.