Job Title: Head’s Personal Assistant and HR Lead
Salary: £26-34,000, dependent upon experience
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week, 25 days leave per annum)
Start Date: 26 February 2018 onwards
• Are you interested in working in a dynamic and innovative school as part of a developing support team?
• Do you have the experience and drive to support at senior level to bring about success for all students?
• Can you set-up and operate systems and processes for effective, stakeholder-focused communication and school-wide organisation?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to provide professional, stakeholder-focused support to our Headteacher.
What you will do:
• Provide pro-active, tactful and confidential support to the Headteacher, working alongside the School’s other staff and stakeholders as necessary to achieve the aims set out in the School Development Plan;
• Manage several email inboxes and diaries including the whole-school calendar;
• Undertake the role of HR Lead, overseeing the end-to-end recruitment process for teaching and support staff as necessary, and ensuring the School remains compliant with regard to all HR-related matters including maintenance of the Single Central Record and submission of the annual School Workforce Census.
What you will definitely have:
• A desire to work in an environment with 11-16 year-olds, and to make a positive difference to their learning;
• An organised, conscientious, team-orientated and supportive disposition;
• Experience of providing administrative support to senior members of staff;
• The demonstrable ability to flexibly and constantly multi-task and re-prioritise in a busy and complex working environment;
• The ability to relate to, and communicate appropriately with, a wide range of diverse stakeholders; and
• A high level of written and spoken English.
In addition, experience of working in a school and in HR would be highly desirable, as would experience with using Capita SIMS.net.
To apply, please visit http://www.wappinghigh.org/careers/ to download the candidate’s pack and an application form for support staff. Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Wapping High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share in this commitment. Any successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services checks.