Ashton on Mersey School is an exceptional school with an outstanding reputation. The school seeks to provide each student with the opportunity to attain their full academic potential and the skills and qualifications to access further education or the world of work.
Ashton on Mersey School is part of The Dean Trust’s family of ten schools. The school is extremely popular and continually over-subscribed. Located in pleasant surroundings on the outskirts of Manchester, the school also enjoys a close partnership with Manchester United Football Club, its principal sponsor. As a mixed 11-18 school, Ashton on Mersey School has been awarded five consecutive ‘outstanding’ Ofsted ratings.
The Headteacher will be expected to lead all aspects of the operation ensuring that Ashton on Mersey School continues to innovate and re-invent itself to remain competitive. Moreover, the expectation is that the Headteacher looks ‘outwards’ to embrace the wider work of the Trust. This will involve leading the Teaching School, SCITT and Maths Hub as well as maintaining an excellent relationship with our sponsors.
What are we looking for?
• Senior leadership experience within a secondary educational setting
• Someone with a clear understanding of the school’s vision and values within The
• A commitment to supporting and leading developments in schools throughout The
• An individual who will inspire and influence others, at the same time promoting the
value of education
• Someone that shapes the quality of the teaching profession through high quality
support and training
• A commitment to collaboration and networking with other schools to improve
For further information relating to the position advertised and The Dean Trust, please visit our website www.thedeantrust.co.uk
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 4PM THURSDAY 19TH APRIL 2018
INTERVIEW DATES: TUESDAY 24TH & WEDNESDAY 25TH APRIL 2018
The Dean Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and Disqualification.