Imagine schools where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives. Our proprietary “Values in Action” TM programme develops character strengths, personal and leadership skills which enable pupils to achieve success in their own lives and also to positively influence the lives of others.
We set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join one of our all through schools, to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”.
Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers the National Curriculum for England, followed by GCSE / IGCSE at Key Stage 4, and the A’Level programme of study at 6th Form.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and inspirational Secondary Headteacher to lead the expansion of our well established Secondary phase. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding educational professional to join one of our leading UK National Curriculum schools in Dubai in delivering the highest standards of education to our students. The successful candidate will work with the Board of Directors & the Executive Principal, to manage and direct the strategic direction and vision of the Secondary phase. Applicants who have had experience in delivering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program are welcome to apply.
Qualities we seek in our Senior Leaders:
- Passion and experience as a Leader, adept at delivering the UK National Curriculum at KS3, IGCSE / GCSE at KS4 and A/AS/A2 Levels at KS5
- Drive and enthusiasm to inspire and empower teachers and students to excel within and beyond the classroom;
- High expectations that motivate, support and challenge teachers and students alike;
- An unrelenting focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement;
- An ability to build and develop highly effective teams, organisational structures and academic processes, whilst maintaining accurate knowledge of the quality of learning, teaching and assessment;
- Experienced in the coaching and mentoring of staff;
- Flexibility and an eagerness to support the Leadership Team to lead and manage a large school;
- A person of high values and absolute integrity who will always put the needs of the pupils first.
- Confident and impressive communicator who can quickly build a first-class team, is respected by all stakeholders, and has the capacity to inspire great learning and world-class outcomes.
- A first class leader who is able to prioritise, has excellent time-management skills, is conversant with latest ICT and socially collaborative education and project management tools that enhance the learning environment.
- The Headteacher should hold as a minimum, a B.ED or B.A & PGCE / PGDE or equivalent & have at least 4 year’s experience in a Leadership post. Tertiary qualifications such as M.Ed, NPQH / PTC and experience in the independent sector are desirable.
- Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
- Excellent tax-free salary
- Furnished Family Accommodation
- Relocation Allowance
- Medical Insurance and Annual Air-fare Allowance for self, spouse & up to two dependents.
- Paid vacations
- Free education for up to two dependents
- An enthusiastic learning community dedicated to maximising student achievement and to creating positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
- Working with a team of driven and supportive colleagues
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, then get in touch. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Vacancies.aspx
Interviews will be held via SKYPE and/or at a venue in Dubai or the UK
Application Closing Date 30th November 2016
Appointment Start Date April 2017 / Aug 2017