Do you have the drive and vision to lead our school?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our school on its continuing journey towards outstanding. The students, teachers and Governors at Highfield are keen to appoint an innovative, passionate and inspirational leader who is committed to maximising the potential for all our learners and to build on the established success of our specialist secondary school.
The successful candidate will be:
- An inspirational leader passionate about raising standards and achievements for all students with SLD and complex needs.
- Experienced in leadership roles in specialist settings with a track record of making a difference to student outcomes
- Confident leadership and interpersonal skills to inspire a highly motivated and professional staff team.
- Able to demonstrate a clear strategic vision for the school built on maximising potential, raising standards and creating opportunities for all students.
- An excellent ambassador, able to promote positive partnerships with parents, Governors, the Local Authority, local schools and all external stakeholders, to ensure we have the required support and resources to enable our students to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will join:
- Fantastic students who are positive, keen to learn and progress.
- A well respected and established successful Special School.
- A dedicated and motivated workforce, committed to making a difference.
- A school with high aspirations and a strong commitment to professional development.
- A supportive Governing Body who are committed to providing an appropriate and effective professional development package for the successful applicant.
Whilst a Headteacher qualification is desirable it is not essential if you are working towards it. Strong leadership experience in SEN settings, experience of and dedication to working with young people with special needs is key.
For further information please visit: http://getahead.wakefield.gov.uk/
Completed application forms should be submitted on-line by 5 March 2021.
Shortlisting – 10th March 2021
Interviews - 22nd March 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure application to the Disclosure and Disbarring Service and satisfactory pre-employment checks and references will be required.
For further information about Wakefield Council please visit www.wakefield.gov.uk.
Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0345 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome) or email: email@example.com.
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
The Governors, Staff and Students at Highfield School share the vision to develop an outstanding school to cater for those vulnerable young people with special educational needs who require an environment which nurtures and develops their skills and ...