Mossbook Special School
Tel: 0114 237 2768
Group Size 4
Number on Roll 93, expected to rise next academic year
Mossbrook School is designated as a special school for children aged 4-11 with communication difficulties. The majority of our children have an autism spectrum disorder. We strive to provide a high quality of education for all of our children. We are rated as Good by Ofsted.
Mossbrook is on the south of Sheffield in a very pleasant setting with a lot of outdoor space including our own lake. We are a popular school for Sheffield families and our population has grown year on year. We are looking for a committed and focussed Headteacher who will continue to achieve our vision of Exceeding Expectations, leading the school in its next phase with rising pupil numbers and the development opportunities needed for this is in the future.
The successful candidate will have experience and an informed appreciation of working with children who have SEND. We will consider applications from an experienced Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers or Heads of School looking for the next step in their career.
We have an experienced, strong and supportive staff team who are inspiring to work with. There is an excellent culture within school. Our values that guide this culture are:
• We try
• We are kind
• We are a team
School partnerships are key to our school: working closely with parents, other special schools, mainstream schools, Learn Sheffield, the local authority and health agencies. The school has a supportive governing body who are looking for a leader to build on our progress. We are also well supported by Friends of Mossbrook (FoMS), our parent association.
Our new Headteacher will:
• Provide positive and inspiring leadership to the staff team to ensure all pupils access outstanding teaching and learning
• Maintain a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that the school continues to raise standards
• Motivate and inspire our hard-working staff team
• Engage with children, staff , families and the community to maintain and develop excellent relationships
• Be skilled in the use of data and evaluation tools
• Work collaboratively with other schools, both special and mainstream
• Have a proven track record of supporting and developing others to achieve
• Be able to demonstrate that they are an able classroom practitioner and are capable of modelling good practice
• Have experience and knowledge concerning effective school financial management
• Have awareness of current SEND law including the Code of Practice and the application of EHC plans
This is an exciting opportunity for a new or existing Headteacher. It is an opportunity to make a real difference to learning and lives of children and will be very rewarding to the right person.
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To book on a visit, please contact Gayle Cosgrove, Administration Manager, details above.
Applicants should complete the attached application form and return it to email@example.com with the title Mossbrook School Headteacher application in the email.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
Closing date: 17th June 2018
Assessment Centre and interviews: 4th and 5th July 2018