The children, staff, parents and Governors of John Wilkinson Primary School & Nursery are seeking to appoint an inspiring, highly effective, enthusiastic, committed and experienced leader with a proven history to see all children reach their full potential. You will be an experienced Headteacher looking for a new challenge or an established deputy Headteacher with demonstrable capacity and willingness to enhance every aspect of the school.
We are looking for a Headteacher:
- To provide dynamic and professional leadership.
- To inspire, challenge, motivate and empower all members of the school community to carry the vision forward.
- To manage the school’s resources effectively and cultivate a safe environment that secures and promotes the highest achievement of both pupils and staff.
- Take the lead role on working with the Governing Body to ensure the school vision, which embraces excellence, high standards and inclusion is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all;
- Secure excellent teaching to achieve high standards of learning and attainment across the primary phase;
- Support all staff to achieve high standards and promote a collaborative learning culture within the school;
- Ensure inclusion, diversity and access; open, fair, equitable culture where alternative perspectives are considered;
- Ensure safeguarding is robust in all aspects including GDPR, prevent, child protection and health and safety
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with the Governing Body, and the Chair of Governors in particular, to ensure effective governance of the school;
- Build/develop and maintain effective relationships with all members of the school and wider community to enhance the education of all pupils;
- Carry out any other such duties as the Governors may reasonably direct.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly and efficient environment, with a committed, experienced, talented and dedicated team.
- A rural school in great surroundings where you get to know and engage with each and every pupil and staff member directly.
- Dedicated Governors who will support and challenge you.
Visits to the school can be arranged, ensuring COVID guidance is followed. Please contact the school office to arrange a date and time for your visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils; applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references as required..
To apply visit:
(Vacancy reference 2252)
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 26th February 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 8th March 2021
Interviews: Monday 22nd March 2021
John Wilkinson Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years