A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring Headteacher to lead our school on its continuing journey of achievement and success. Colnbrook Church of England Primary School is part of the Slough and East Berkshire Church of England Multi-Academy Trust consisting of 2 other primary and 2 other secondary schools. It is a vibrant Church of England school set in the heart of Colnbrook village, with children of all abilities from diverse backgrounds. At Colnbrook we place high importance on the well-being of our pupils and staff and strive to achieve the best outcomes for all both academically and pastorally through a warm, inclusive and caring environment. The school was judged as good by OFSTED in November 2018 and the previous SIAMS inspection was also judged as good.
Our Headteacher will be part of a hardworking team, who are proud of their school and truly believe in the potential of every child. We are looking for someone who will lead by example, is a proven high quality team leader, has a strong commitment to inclusion and continuous school improvement and who is able to think strategically about the school’s future and build upon its success to date.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is forward thinking, imaginative and visionary, and can provide and develop a nurturing learning environment;
- Demonstrates strong and fair leaderships skills with clear vision and direction;
- Can effectively drive the Christian ethos and vision of the school;
- Is approachable to all staff, pupils, parents and the wider community;
- Will be passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believes in the potential of all pupils and staff;
- Is willing to work with all stakeholders, including the extended community to identify areas for development and have the drive and commitment to further develop teaching, learning and assessment;
- Is able to ensure impact on school priorities and continued effective leadership of the school.
- Has proven leadership, management, communication and interpersonal skills to promote effective teamwork;
- Demonstrates and promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- Has a proven track record of raising attainment and is passionate about developing the potential of every child;
- Is resilient and committed to ensuring that the school is at the heart of the community.
We can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging opportunity to lead our school
- A very supportive team of colleagues and governors within the school and across the Trust;
- Engaged, lively, creative learners, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school;
- Close working partnerships across the Trust and other schools in the locality;
- A positive working environment;
- A strong commitment to professional development at all levels.
We warmly invite you to come and visit the school to meet our pupils and staff, and to experience our school community.
If you are interested in finding out more and/or would like to visit the school in advance of applying please contact Angela Ford, PA to Headteacher at Colnbrook on 01753 683661 who will arrange an appointment with Mrs Katherine Russell, SEBMAT’s Director of Primary Education.
If you would like to contribute to our exciting future please visit our website at www.colnbrookprimary.com in the vacancy section for further details and application pack or contact our HR Advisor, Beverly Glanville for an application form email@example.com CV’s alone will not be accepted as a valid application.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 24 February 2020
Interviews: Monday 9 March 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants which will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.