St Mary’s Church of England Primary School
Yew Tree Road, Slough, SL1 2AR
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and inspirational educational professional to lead a “Good” school to the next level. It would suit either an experienced Headteacher looking for a new challenge or a Deputy Headteacher seeking a first Headteacher position.
• St Mary’s Church of England Primary School (Voluntary Controlled) is a delightful three-form entry school set in the heart of Slough town centre with approximately 650 pupils on roll, from Nursery to Year 6.
• The school was set up to serve the needs of its local community whatever their culture, faith or religion; this makes St Mary’s a unique school as its largest population is Muslim.
• A majority of pupils have English as an additional language and many live in deprived circumstances, but they are sparky, fun and engaging, most importantly they love learning and enjoy all the curricular and extra-curricular opportunities this multi-cultural school offers them.
• The school is a UNCRC Rights’ Respecting Gold Level School and also holds a number of other specialist achievements/awards.
• St Mary’s is a “Good” school: October 2019 Ofsted inspection and June 2019 SIAMS inspection.
The successful applicant for this challenging but rewarding position will have:
• Exceptional managerial and interpersonal skills and experience in developing and implementing a broad and rich curriculum in a primary school.
• Preferably at least three years’ experience as a Headteacher or five years as a Deputy Headteacher, ideally with experience of a similar school.
• Ideally, a good knowledge of working in a Christian school.
• A willingness to engage with the Oxford Diocese in ensuring the school meets, not only government accountabilities, but also those of the Church of England.
• A comprehensive understanding of safeguarding, special educational needs and the use of pupil premium funding to support disadvantaged pupils.
Applicants will share our commitment to safeguarding, child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety in order to promote the welfare of our children. This position is subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and good references.
Visits to the school are most welcome – please contact Mrs Stephanie Quick, HR Manager, to arrange a mutually convenient time. You can email her directly at email@example.com.
Please apply through TES on the uploaded application form.