Bishop Wilson Church of England Primary School
Start Date: September 2018
Salary range: L16-L24 (an additional allowance maybe available depending on skills and experience)
Due to the retirement of our highly regarded Headteacher, the Governors, staff and children of Bishop Wilson Church of England Primary School are looking for an inspirational Headteacher with the vision, passion and resilience to lead our strong and committed team and to continue to drive progress, so that all of our children are the best that they can be.
Bishop Wilson C of E is a voluntary-aided two form entry school, located in a fantastic new building, in the north of Solihull. Our community focused and highly inclusive school is very fortunate to have St Andrew’s Church located onsite, along with integrated Health and Community facilities. Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ in April 2015 and the SIAMS inspection judged the school to be ‘Outstanding’.
We have very high expectations of our pupils and staff; our new leader will therefore have the knowledge and interpersonal skills to inspire, motivate and use effective challenge to build on the school’s strengths and its caring Christian ethos to secure sustained and continued improvement.
You will offer:
- a clear focused vision, with the commitment, drive and resilience to take our school forward to secure the best outcomes for the pupils
- strong leadership, management and organisational skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- a child focused approach, that will maintain the inclusive nature of our school
- an excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and experience of embedding a culture of continuous school improvement
- a commitment to support our pupils and their families in overcoming the difficulties and challenges they may face in their daily lives
- a passion for creativity and innovation to champion an enriched educational experience for all of our pupils
In return we can offer:
- supportive Governors who are dedicated to continuous improvement and committed to your professional development
- a strong and highly effective senior leadership team
- opportunities to work collaboratively with our network of local schools, Unity Trust, and support from a strong relationship with the Diocese of Birmingham
- hardworking staff who are committed to ensuring each child is the best they can be
- a school community that is built upon strong values, which is reflected in all that we do
Our website www.bishop-wilson.solihull.sch.uk gives a good introduction to our school. You are also very welcome to visit our school; this can be arranged by contacting Helen Hogg on 0121 770 4063 or by emailing email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16th April 2018
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interviews will be held on Monday 23rd April 2018 and Tuesday 24th April 2018
Applications are to be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note a faith reference is not required for this post.
Bishop Wilson C of E School has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and a DBA check.