The Governing Body of St Margaret’s Primary School, Tintinhull are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher with the experience, vision and enthusiasm to lead the school. St. Margaret’s is a friendly inclusive school. The children are excited to come to school where they receive not only an excellent education from dedicated professionals but also the opportunity to follow their own interests and try new things. We have a thriving nursery where children can join at two years old and stay with us until they reach 11.
A strong Christian ethos underpins the life of the school and a rolling programme of the core Christian values are followed throughout the year. This is a thriving school which is situated in the beautiful village of Tintinhull, we are very much a part of the community, using the Church of St. Margaret’s for our major festivals. There are excellent road links and we are located within 4 miles of Yeovil.
As our new Headteacher you will:
- Have proven leadership skills, vision, enthusiasm and motivation to move the school forward from Good to Outstanding.
- Continually strive to raise standards and expectations in the school, having the necessary skills for diagnosing planning and implementing change.
- Create and promote a culture of excellence among staff and pupils alike, where children are at the centre of first-rate learning opportunities.
- Have a commitment to understand, value and develop the strong Christian ethos of our school and have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievement.
- Have a strong belief that every child is unique and facilitate them in achieving their maximum potential including those with special educational needs and disability.
- Develop the school family through effective and clear communication to the children, staff, parents and the community
- Be prepared to undertake some teaching commitment if required.
In return we offer:
- A school that is well resourced
- A successful and welcoming school set in a beautiful rural setting
- The opportunity to lead and manage a’ Good school’ (OFSTED)
- Friendly, confident and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- A highly professional and dedicated staff
- A supportive, challenging and enthusiastic Governing Body
- An active and effective PTA
- Established links with the local parishes
- Supportive relations with parents and carers whose involvement is valued and actively encouraged.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please telephone the school to make an appointment on - 01935 822686.
Information about the school can be found on the school website: www.stmargaretsceva.com
School email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at http://dasjobs.co.uk/job/headteacher-79/
For further information and an application form please telephone our recruitment line on 0300 123 7365 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Closing date: 25th February 2019
Interviews: 12th and 13th March 2019
Start Date: 1st September 2019