The Directors of Uffculme Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and inspirational Headteacher to lead Holyrood Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who embodies our key values of equality, ambition and excellence. We are seeking an individual who inspires confidence and trust, who builds exceptional relationships with staff, students and families and who wants to lead a school which is both high performing and inclusive.
We believe that the key to a successful school is a great culture and we are looking for a leader to build and develop our ethos inside and outside of the classroom securing high levels of buy in from all stakeholders.
- Be an outstanding leader with proven track record of school improvement
- Be committed to the ideals of comprehensive education and inclusive schools
- Value enrichment and investment in extra-curricular opportunities alongside great teaching and learning inside the classroom
- Believe that there is no ceiling to what young people can achieve in the right environment
- Be a highly visible leader
- Have excellent and proven leadership expertise
- Have expert knowledge of a secondary setting and preferably post 16 within a school setting
Holyrood Academy is an 11-18 Academy in Somerset with approximately 1250 students on roll. It is situated in the centre of the market town of Chard and it is the only secondary school in the town.
Holyrood was last inspected in 2013 when it achieved an Outstanding rating.
Outcomes have been historically strong and despite the considerable challenges brought by the changes to KS4 programmes of study, we have consistently achieved a positive progress 8 score placing us as reliably one of the top performing secondary schools in Somerset.
For further information and an application pack please visit: https://www.holyroodacademy.com/vacancies