Due to the relocation of our Headteacher, the Governing Body wish to appoint an enthusiastic and inclusive leader who will help us build on the success of our highly regarded and over-subscribed school. We are looking for a leader with a vision that embraces our values and puts the child at the centre of all that we do.
Chalkwell Hall Junior School is a large community junior school in Leigh on Sea, Essex, for pupils aged 7 to 11 years old. We are a welcoming, high achieving and successful school; judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted (2017). We have a close collaborative relationship with our co-located infant school, as well as feeder secondary settings.
As such, the successful candidate will need to have the imagination, interpersonal skills and ambition to build on the excellent foundations already in place to lead the school in the next stage of its journey to be an Outstanding school.
We expect our new Headteacher to be:
- A proven leader with successful experience of achieving and sustaining excellent educational outcomes
- Committed to ensuring the highest quality of teaching and learning and to offering a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum
- Visionary and solution orientated so as to thrive on continuing our improvement journey
- A sound strategic financial planner
- A team builder who can continue to lead, motivate and inspire all children, families, staff and the wider school community
- Able to further develop successful relationships with the partner infant school, local secondary schools, and the Governing Body
- Personable, flexible and with a good sense of fun.
In return we can offer our new Headteacher:
- Wonderful children who are friendly, confident and eager to learn
- Experienced, committed staff and supportive, aspirational Governors
- Well established links with Chalkwell Hall Infant School and other local schools, as well as across the wider community
- A progressive, innovative and inclusive learning environment
- A vibrant school community committed to the school ethos of “if we believe, we can achieve”.
Given the current restrictions and context, we are keen to accommodate visits to the school in line with national guidance and school risk assessments or offer alternative remote opportunities to interested candidates.
To arrange a visit and to request an application pack please email Mrs Trudi Leaback, School Business Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01702 478570.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April 2021 (midday)
Interviews: Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd April 2021
Chalkwell Hall Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, a medical check and an enhanced DBS check.
A flavour of our school life can be also found on our website www.chalkwellhall.co.uk
Chalkwell Hall Junior School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years