Closing date for applications: Sunday, 31 January 2021
Interview date: Tuesday, 9 February 2021, or as soon as Covid restrictions allow
Cherry Garden School is an outstanding LA maintained special primary school for children with severe learning difficulties and complex needs. It is situated in a brand new, purpose-built building in the middle of Peckham.
We are looking for an inspiring Headteacher to lead our school, following the retirement of our present Headteacher.
Our new Headteacher will be totally committed to achieving the best learning experience for all our pupils and for children with special needs in Southwark and beyond and will work collaboratively with parents, the staff team and the wider community to attain this. He/She will meet the challenge of leading the school as it increases pupil numbers to reach the capacity of our new building and to fulfil the local authority vision for children with special needs.
We are looking for an inspiring head teacher who will:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for the school
- Enable all pupils to achieve their full potential
- Work collaboratively with staff, parents, other agencies and the local community
- Possess the skills and expertise to continue to develop the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Put the safety and wellbeing of the children and the school community at the forefront of all they do
We can offer you the following:
- A challenging but very rewarding opportunity to lead our school forward
- A welcoming school committed to continuing improvement
- A highly skilled, dedicated and supportive staff team
- Established and effective relationships with local agencies in health, social care and the authority
- An engaged and supportive governing body which is committed to your continuing professional development
If you are interested in applying to be our next Headteacher, we strongly recommend visiting the school. For a Covid- adapted tour or for an informal discussion with the Chair of Governors, please contact our school business manager, Yang Ming Ooi, who will make the arrangements with you.
Yang Ming Ooi
Telephone: 020 7237 4050
For more information on how to apply please view our candidate pack.
Cherry Garden School
- Special needs with state funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years
To be a centre of excellence by providing a learning environment that is professional and caring,encouraging continuous improvement for all - including schools in partnership and the local community thereby promoting positive attitudes. Providing chi...