All Saints’ Church of England Primary School is a one-form entry primary school in Marple and part of the Local Authority of Stockport and the Diocese of Chester.
Our Headteacher will be returning from maternity leave during the summer term and governors have agreed to her request to return to work on a part-time basis. This therefore presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to job share the role of Headteacher and work on an equal basis with the existing Headteacher.
All Saints’ CE Primary is a successful and over-subscribed school. In October 2017 we had our most recent SIAMS inspection and were judged as outstanding in terms of our distinctiveness and effectiveness as a Church of England School. Very recently, in January 2018, we had a one-day monitoring inspection by Ofsted, which described All Saints’ as a “good and improving school”. (Previously, we had been judged as a good school in March 2014, following rapid improvement from a “requires improvement “outcome in February 2013.)
Despite these recent successes, All Saints’ is not a school which is defined solely by its inspection outcomes. Fundamental to our progress in recent years has been our vision and values, linked to our strong Christian ethos. We are therefore looking for someone who shares our core values and can bring a range of knowledge and skills to enhance the quality of education provided for the children in our care.
We recognise that job-share Headteacher roles are relatively rare in the current educational landscape but everyone at All Saints’ is whole-heartedly committed to making this arrangement work for the benefit of all members of the school community. We really do believe that two heads can be better than one!
The successful candidate will be working with their Headteacher colleague on an equal basis and we anticipate that one person will be in school Monday to Wednesday lunchtime and the other from Wednesday lunchtime to Friday. Every Wednesday, there will be some paid liaison time, resulting in the post being 0.55 FTE (rather than 0.50 FTE).
Our school mission statement is All Achieving, All Together, All Saints’ and this is underpinned by our school Bible verse from Psalm 32 v8, which was chosen in partnership with the children of the school.
The Lord says “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you”.
Our school provides:
- A welcoming, positive and aspirational learning environment (SIAMS 2017) where all children are valued and encouraged to be the best that they can be.
- Friendly, well-behaved and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
- A highly valued team of professional, dedicated staff who are committed to the highest standards.
- A supportive Governing Board who will work with you to achieve your aspirations.
We would welcome applications from someone who:
- Can live out our mission statement in their role of guiding our staff and pupils.
- Will be able to work in a cohesive and equal partnership with their job-share colleague.
- Has a proven track record in leading and managing the improvement of pupils’ achievement.
- Has the vision, passion and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire both children and staff to achieve their full potential.
- Is an excellent communicator who can develop effective relationships within school and the wider community.
- Is committed to working in partnership with governors, staff, children and parents.
Please visit our school website for further information: www.marpleschool.org.uk.
If you would like to visit All Saints’ before deciding whether or not to apply for the post, please contact Mrs. Jan Herbertson, the School Business Manager, on 0161 427 3008 to arrange an appointment.
For an application pack, please contact: https://www.greater.jobs/.
Applications must be completed on the application form provided and submitted electronically to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5.00 pm on 21 February 2018
Shortlisting date: 26 February 2018
Interview date: 22 March 2018
All shortlisted candidates will be expected to visit the school before the interview date, if they have not done so prior to application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a Disqualification Declaration
The post is subject to satisfactory pre clearance including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service.