WILL YOU BE OLDSWINFORD’S NEXT INSPIRATIONAL HEADTEACHER?
Following the retirement of our Headteacher, the Governing Board is seeking to appoint a leader with the vision and energy to build on our successes and achievements and to lead the drive for outstanding provision. You will be
passionately committed to ensuring that Oldswinford Church of England Primary School provides the best possible education for our pupils within a Christian tradition of caring and sharing with others.
WHO WE ARE:
Oldswinford Church of England Primary School (OCEPS) is a voluntary controlled primary school within the diocese of Worcester. The inclusive Christian vision of our school ensures that all children are supported in their personal wellbeing and in their academic achievement. Our school, which is a larger than average primary school, is set in a leafy suburb and is consistently oversubscribed. We pride ourselves on having strong links with Diocesan and parish communities.
- a ‘Good’ School (Ofsted January 2018) with the ambition to become outstanding
- An ‘outstanding’ Church of England school (SIAMs May 2015). The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Oldswinford VC Primary School as a Church of England school are outstanding."
WE CAN OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils
- A talented team of teachers and support staff who share the same passion for ensuring that every child achieves their potential at school and beyond
- An effective and experienced Governing Board which provides key support and challenge
- Pupils who are polite, courteous, confident, articulate and keen to do their best (Ofsted 2018)
- Parents who value and support the school’s vision and contribute to our thriving PTA
- A stable and financially secure school
- A modern purpose built school
WE WANT A CANDIDATE WHO:
- Cares passionately about providing our children with the best possible opportunities in life and learning
- Has vision, credibility and will be an inspirational leader for the whole school community
- Will support and further embed the vision, values and the Christian ethos of our school
- Has a clear strategic vision coupled with an innovative approach to teaching and learning in order to raise standards
- Can develop a trusting and supportive working relationship with staff that fosters their confidence and inspires and challenges them to further development
- Is able to motivate our staff and children while making them feel valued and supported
- Will ensure staff embrace the learning and development opportunities available to them in order to move the school forward
- Is able to sustain and further develop the school’s positive relationships with parents and carers and strengthen links with other schools
- Can respond in a positive manner to the challenge of an ever- evolving educational landscape whilst supporting and strengthening the Christian ethos of our school through close involvement with St Mary’s Church and the local community
Visits to School are warmly welcomed. Please contact Fran Wooldridge, School Business and Resources Manager for an appointment on 01384 818798 or by email: email@example.com
Please call Donna Bennett, Senior HR Consultant on 01902 203980 for an application pack or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 19 March 2019 at 1200 hours
INTERVIEW DATES: Monday 8 April and Tuesday 9 April 2019
Completed application forms are returnable to Donna Bennett, Services4Schools Ltd, Midlands Technology Centre, The Broadlands, Wolverhampton WV10 6TA
Oldswinford C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.