The Bridge Special School is a popular school educating children and young people between the ages of 3 -19 who have a wide range of communication, physical, and profound and multiple learning difficulties. Many of the pupils are on the Autistic Spectrum.
The school serves a catchment area that covers Ipswich and the surrounding areas of Suffolk. The whole school is based on one campus, with the nursery and primary building being constructed and opened in 2015. The post-16 provision is in its second year of operation having opened in September 2016.
The school has good links with the local community, and also provides extended services for its pupils in the form of an After School and Holiday Club.
The Interim Executive Board (IEB) are looking for applications from candidates with:
- proven leadership and management skills, including strong financial management
- a commitment to delivering continuous improvement in all aspects of school life
- an ability to analyse and evaluate data in order to ensure pupils are achieving their best
- dedication, innovation and imagination to extend the many strengths of the school and engage in future educational opportunities.
We can offer you:
- a large and expanding provision
- dedicated and hardworking staff
- engaged and supportive parents
- a strong commitment to your professional development.
For more about our school, please visit our website: www.thebridgeschool.org.uk
If you have these qualities and would welcome the challenge of managing The Bridge School, we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged, we look forward to welcoming you. Please contact Tony Dickens, the Interim Headteacher on (01473) 556200 to arrange.
For an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01473) 263943.
Closing date: midday, 26 March 2018.
Interview date: 19/20 April 2018.
THE BRIDGE SPECIAL SCHOOL,
IPSWICH IP8 3ND