The Local Governing Body, Active Learning Trust, our pupils and staff are looking to appoint a Headteacher for our lovely school in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft from September 2017. We are looking for an ambitious, caring, committed and knowledgeable senior leader to join our school as its new Headteacher.
The context and the expectations for the post are set out in this applicant pack. The pack is also designed to enable you to shape your application according to the ethos of the school, and the contribution to the wider Trust.
The successful candidate will:
- Continue to develop a school culture that is aspirational and organised so that teachers can teach and pupils can learn - demonstrating the highest expectations,
- Inspire and motivate pupils and staff to achieve their full potential and have a track record of raising standards,
- Have a clear vision for continuous improvement and build on the school’s strengths and successes,
- Demonstrate proven leadership and management skills to lead on school improvement both within the senior leadership team and across the local group of Trust schools,
- Ensure good financial planning and practice and make sure that the premises and equipment are fit for purpose,
- Communicate regularly with pupils, parents, staff, governors and the Trust about the school’s ongoing plans.
In return we can offer:
- A popular and over-subscribed school with fantastic staff, pupils and supportive parents which is well resourced,
- Well behaved pupils who demonstrate excellent learning behaviours,
- Excellent career development and the opportunity to lead and contribute to a number of exciting Trust-wide school improvement initiatives on coaching, leadership, teaching, learning and assessment.
If you are looking for a career-defining role that will be extremely rewarding we would like to hear from you. To request an application pack and to arrange an informal visit to the school please contact Mrs Hilary Wright (School Bursar), on 01502 538527 or by email email@example.com.
Completed Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the school.
CVs are not accepted and the application form should be supported by a letter of application (no more than 2 sides A4) addressing the job description, the person specification and the improvement priorities for the school.
To learn more about working within Active Learning Trust and the opportunities we provide for professional development and school-to-school support you are also invited to contact the Lowestoft schools' Hub Lead, Mr Andrew Redman on email@example.com and visit our website www.activelearningtrust.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th January 2017 at 4.30pm.
The short-listing of candidates will be confirmed by Wednesday 18th January, after which references will be taken up of short-listed candidates.
Interviews are likely to take place week beginning 23rd January 2017
Grove Primary School and ALT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance, employment checks and satisfactory employment history references.