The Trustees of Athena Schools Trust alongside the Governing Body are seeking to appoint an exceptional, aspirational and dynamic Headteacher, with extensive knowledge of the current educational agenda and with a strong, proven track record of school improvement, for Guildford County School.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented leader to work within the ethos of this Multi Academy Trust to take this already very successful school to the next levels of excellence. Guildford County School was a founding school in the Trust, and as the previous postholder makes the transition fully into executive leadership, we are seeking a substantive headteacher to lead the school onto new achievements.
Guildford County School is an 11–18 mixed school, with 1,148 students currently on roll. We are an aspirational Trust, defined by our core values of leadership, learning, aspiration, and collaboration.
- be a dynamic, inspirational leader with vision and drive.
- have a proven track record of improving educational standards.
- hold high aspirations for what children and staff can achieve.
- be able to demonstrate the impact of your leadership of staff, students and the wider community.
- be able to think strategically, innovate and work collaboratively with our external partners.
- be insistent on educational excellence.
- be able to inspire, challenge and empower our dedicated staff and students.
- have excellent leadership and management skills to further improve our very high standards in teaching and learning.
In return we are able to offer:
- highly motivated, well behaved and respectful students with a strong desire to learn.
- committed, hard-working, highly skilled and friendly staff.
- a cohesive school community with strong relationships between students and staff.
- a range of extracurricular activities to develop the whole child.
- a commitment to enable high-quality continuing professional development for you.
- a very highly committed Local Governing Body.
- highly supportive leadership from the Trustees and Executive team.
- a family of Trust schools which supports the delivery of excellence in all its forms.
Guildford County School is one of the most oversubscribed school in Surrey and enjoys an excellent reputation in the local community. Our students and staff are widely praised for their passion and dedication.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to arrange an informal discussion or visit with the Athena Schools Trust Chief Executive, Jack Mayhew, in the first instance. This can be arranged by contacting Sarah Mackenzie, HR Officer.
The closing date for applications is midday, Monday, 19th April. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th April.
For further information or to download an application form, please visit the school website: https://www.guildfordcounty.co.uk/643/current-vacancies or contact Sarah Mackenzie, HR Officer on 01483 447366 or email email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake and enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
Guildford County School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years