Do you have the drive and ambition to develop us both academically and pastorally?
The Governors of Westrop Primary and Nursery School wish to appoint an inspirational Headteacher for this challenging and exciting leadership role. The school is seeking a motivational leader and team player who will build on existing strengths to ensure the school achieves its ambitions for excellence and success at every level. This school has high aspirations for achievement and continuous improvement.
Westrop Primary and Nursery School is a medium sized school with 294 children currently on role covering an age range of 2 to 11 years. It is a local authority maintained school based in Highworth to the north of Swindon. The school serves a growing community. The school has strong links with parents and the wider community.
You should have:
- A strong commitment to safeguarding children
- An ability to inspire and motivate a talented team of staff
- A strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and team work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong, innovative and motivational leadership and management
- A commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- A passion for developing innovative approaches to the curriculum
- A caring, visible and approachable attitude to staff, children and parents
- The ability and drive to deliver our ambition to be an excellent school
We can offer you
- A welcoming, friendly and vibrant school
- The opportunity to develop the school and staff further
- Excellent facilities for both children and staff
- Happy, engaged, motivated and well behaved children
- A talented and dedicated staff team committed to our school and our children.
- Committed and supportive governors and high levels of parental support
- A strongly inclusive and progressive approach to teaching and development
- A great place of learning for the children
The pay scale for the position falls into salary group 2 and will be between L15 – L21 (£56,434 - £64,735), negotiable depending on experience. We may also consider a relocation package, negotiable depending on current location.
A pack is available for prospective candidates. Candidates are welcome to visit the school prior to making an application. If you would like further information, a confidential discussion, or to arrange a school visit please email the School Business Manager, Paula Curtis, at email@example.com or call 01793 762897 (9am-4pm)
Please complete the online application form and email it to SchoolsHR@Swindon.gov.uk or send it to Human Resources, Schools Team, 3rd Floor, Wat Tyler West, Beckhampton Street, Swindon, SN1 2JG no later than 12 noon on Monday 17th December 2018.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 17th December 2018
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 19th December 2018 at 4.00 pm
Interview Date: 14th and 15th January 2019
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Diversity and Inclusion
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Thank you for your interest in our school, we hope to hear from you soon.