We have a fantastic opportunity for you to lead our school from good to great. We are looking for a dynamic, inspirational and compassionate Headteacher to take our school through the next exciting phase of its journey to be the leading school of choice in the heart of North Yorkshire. Do you have what it takes?
This role would be well suited to an existing Headteacher or a senior leader in pursuit of their first headship.
What can we offer the successful candidate?
• Great students, “students are polite, friendly and well behaved”, Ofsted report 2017
• Great colleagues who go the extra mile for our students
• Innovative professional development as part of a unique collaboration
• Wide and diverse networking opportunities as part of the Yorkshire Teaching School Alliance
• An opportunity to access leadership training and development
• A very supportive leadership team who all teach and have an open door approach
• A school that has clear ambition expressed in its strategic plan and fully supported by its Governing Board
• An attractive salary L29-L35 (£78,359 - £89,874) and relocation package (up to a maximum of £8,000)
• A beautiful place to live and work
• An iPad to support your work
The Application Process:
Prospective candidates will be able to visit the school, should they so wish, on Tuesday, 9th January or Thursday, 11th January 2018. Please contact Diane Atkinson, PA to the Headteacher, to arrange an appointment
To apply, please complete the application form and enclose a covering letter outlining your values, principles and how they have, and will, shape your work
The completed application should be emailed for the attention of the Chair of Governors, Mrs G Donald, to email@example.com by 9 am on Wednesday, 17th January 2018. Applications will be acknowledged
Candidates who are invited for interview will be informed by Monday, 22nd January 2018
Interviews will take place on Monday, 29th and Tuesday, 30th January 2018 Start date for appointment will be 1st April 2018 or 1st September 2018
Thirsk School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for appointment to this post