Pay Scale: Leadership Points L30-37
Reporting to: CEO & Board of Trustees
Required for September 2019.
Treetops School is part of the Treetops Learning Community Trust and is a special academy catering for more than 300 pupils with a wide range of needs including moderate learning difficulties, speech and communication difficulties, autism and global developmental delay. Treetops is a very successful school and has a strong reputation both locally and nationally. This has been recognised through three successive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, the most recent being November 2014.
The school is also the lead for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance (TTSA).
Trustees are seeking an exceptional leader for our outstanding school. The successful candidate will be:
• Experienced in working with children with relevant SEN(D) and their families;
• Experienced in motivating staff and leading by example;
• Committed to school improvement through a collaborative approach, including work with other schools;
• Clear thinking in establishing and developing the school’s priorities and targets that will make a difference to our young people;
• Flexible and positive about change;
• Knowledgeable about and have an understanding of school’s finances;
• A sound and demonstrable knowledge of how to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of pupils with a range of special educational needs;
Treetops School will provide:
• A dedicated, friendly and hardworking team of staff;
• A committed and experienced leadership team;
• The opportunity to work with our brilliant young people;
• A board of Trustees who are committed to your ongoing professional development.
• Opportunities to work with a range of partners and develop a collaborative approach to school improvement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking and caring school. Candidates must have a record of outstanding leadership at a senior level in an SEN school or college. You must share the school’s ambition and model it in your daily practice and leadership to inspire and engage students and staff. You must also be a compassionate leader who can hold staff to account whilst being accountable yourself. Above all, you will share the passion and belief that young people, their learning and developing their potential are at the heart of all decisions. If you have the passion and determination to make a difference and have a strong record of leadership then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Mrs S Slade on 01375 372723 (Option 2) or email email@example.com Please also take time to view our most recent pupil videos available on our website.
Please apply online using the TES application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd March, 2019
Interviews: Thursday 28th March, 2019
The Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.